Prevent water intrusion
For wet areas where waterproof applications are desired
- Waterproof Core
- Moisture & Mold Resistant
- EdgeTech® Reinforced Edge
- Easy to Cut
PermaBASE WP™ Waterproof Cement Board combines the strength and benefits of PermaBASE® Cement Board with a proprietary waterproofing formulation. Intended for use in interior wet areas around tubs and showers, PermaBASE WP is perfect for instances where liquid waterproofing has historically been applied over cement boards.
- Waterproof core prevents water from causing harmful damage.
- Passes ANSI A118.10 for waterproofness.
- Helps inhibit mold growth with the highest possible score on mold tests (ASTM D3273 and ASTM G21).
- Smooth surface; strong bond.
- Lightweight and easy to cut.
- For interior application information, click here.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty; Interior applications.
- 30-year Limited Warranty for Commercial Interior applications.
PermaBASE WP™ Waterproof Cement Board has achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification.
Products that suit any project criteria
Shower, Kitchen, Fireplace, Bathtub, Accent Wall, Heat Shield, Floors, Sauna / Steam Room
EdgeTech® Reinforced Edge
Tips & Tools
Detailed information to support your next project
Frequently Asked Questions
Ready to answer your product and installation questions
What make PermaBASE WP waterproof?
Special additives are added to the cement core to provide the waterproof performance to meet ANSI A118.10 requirements for waterproofness.
What do I tape the PermaBASE WP board joints with?
2” Alkali resistant mesh tape and mortar mix.
How do I create a waterproof installation?
All joints and fastener heads must be treated with waterproofing material to complete the waterproof installation.
What kind of fasteners do I use to install PermaBASE WP?
Corrosion resistant screw or galvanized roofing nails. Strongly suggest PermaBASE screws since they do not have nibs like competitor screws.
Product details and technical documentation
Designs & Resources
Find product details and technical documentation in the Design & Resource Center.Explore Now
Discuss your project with PermaBASE experts who can help guide your product selection.Get In Touch
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by PermaBASE Building Products, LLC.