Improve energy efficiency
Saves time and labor compared to installing separate insulation and cement board solutions
- R4, R10 and R16 options
- NFPA 285 Approvals
- Substrate for Stone, Brick, Tile or Stucco
PermaBASE CI™ Insulated Cement Board is a composite cement board combining the strength and benefits of PermaBASE® Cement Board with rigid insulation to create an ideal substrate for exterior finishes that meet or exceed most continuous insulation requirements. Manufactured in a convenient 1", 2" and 3" overall thickness, PermaBASE CI utilizes common trims and accessories.
- Made with PermaBASE Cement Board and high-density polyiso insulation to provide durability and highly efficient insulation in one convenient package.
- Saves time and labor compared to installing separate insulation and cement board solutions.
- Adhere tile, stone, or thin brick.
- Durable substrate for direct-applied stucco systems.
- NFPA 285 approvals for adhered veneer finishes such as manufactured and natural stone, thin brick and tile as well as direct applied coatings of synthetic stucco.
- 15-year Limited Warranty; Exterior applications.
PermaBASE CI™ Insulated Cement Board has achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification.
Commercial Thin Brick Installation with PermaBASE CI Insulated Cement Board.
Products that suit any project criteria
Cement Board Stucco, Cement Board Masonry Veneer, Continuous Insulation
EdgeTech® Reinforced Edge
1", 2", 3"
Frequently Asked Questions
Ready to answer your product and installation questions
Miter cut at 45 degrees
- Score PermaBASE CI from the foam side using a utility knife to score/cut completely through the insulation and into the back of the cement board. The board can then be snapped. Cut through the mesh on the front of board to complete the cut.
- While wearing the proper protective equipment, such as safety glasses and approved respirator, use a power saw with the appropriate blade to cut through the entire panel.
- While properly and securely supporting PermaBASE CI, the board can be cut with a traditional hand saw.
- Penetrations can be created in the panel with a drywall saw.
16” o.c for wood and metal.
PermaBASE provides a list of recommended fasteners.
Product details and technical documentation
Designs & Resources
Find product details and technical documentation in the Design & Resource Center.Explore Now
Discuss your project with PermaBASE experts who can help guide your product selection.Get In Touch
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by PermaBASE Building Products, LLC.