Lightweight, rigid substrate
For interior and exterior applications
- Moisture & Mold Resistant.
- Easier Cut & Faster Install.
- Smoother Surface / Stronger Bond.
- EdgeTech® Reinforced Edge.
PermaBASE PLUS® Cement Board has the same qualities built into PermaBASE® Cement Board but weighs 15% less. When you need to lighten your load, consider PermaBASE PLUS for both interior and exterior applications.
- Stays intact when exposed to water; will not rot, disintegrate or swell – built for the long run.
- Achieves the industry’s lowest water-absorption rating (ASTM C473) – offering better installation.
- Helps inhibit mold growth with the highest possible score on mold tests (ASTM D3273 and ASTM G21).
- Resists impact and remains dimensionally stable – extending the life of your project.
- Holds up to toughest conditions.
- Lightweight and easy to cut – speeding up installation.
- Reduces job site waste – easier, cleaner cut.
- Durable substrate for direct-applied coating systems.
- Meets UL classifications for one- and two-hour fire-rated assemblies.
- Building code approved – one substrate that does the job of many
- For interior application information, click here.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty for Residential Interior applications.
- 30-year Limited Warranty for Commercial Interior applications.
- For exterior application information, click here.
- 15-year Limited Warranty for Exterior applications.
PermaBASE PLUS® Cement Board has achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification.
Video: Kitchen Backsplash Installation with PermaBASE PLUS® Cement Board
Products that suit any project criteria
Cement Board Masonry Veneer, Cement Board Stucco, Outdoor Living, Shower, Bathtub, Accent Wall, Floors, Fireplace, Sauna / Steam Room, Kitchen, Heat Shield
EdgeTech® Reinforced Edge
Tips & Tools
Detailed information to support your next project
Interior Applications Installation Guide
Detailed instructions for the interior installation of PermaBASE PLUS® Cement Board.View
PermaBASE Exterior Applications Guide
Product information, technical overview, and installation guides.View
PermaBASE Building Products Construction Guide
Comprehensive guide to using and installing all PermaBASE products.View
Frequently Asked Questions
Ready to answer your product and installation questions
What kind of fasteners do I use to install PermaBASE PLUS® Cement Board?
Corrosion resistant screws or galvanized roofing nails. Strongly suggest PermaBASE screws since they do not have nibs like competitor screws.
What do I tape the PermaBASE PLUS® cement board joints with?
2” Alkali resistant mesh tape and mortar mix.
How much lighter is PermaBASE PLUS?
PermaBASE PLUS is 17% lighter than standard PermaBASE cement board.
What is the required maximum stud spacing for walls?
16” o.c for wood and metal.
What is the fastener spacing for interior wall applications?
Every 8” o.c. along the perimeter and field of board.
Product details and technical documentation
Designs & Resources
Find product details and technical documentation in the Design & Resource Center.Explore Now
Discuss your project with PermaBASE experts who can help guide your product selection.Get In Touch
Need Technical Information?
National Gypsum Company is the exclusive service provider for products manufactured by PermaBASE Building Products, LLC.